Master of Science in Leadership
- Curriculum Summary
- Course Descriptions
- Course Schedule
- Admission Information
- Application Process
The Master of Science degree in Leadership at Belhaven University, formerly Belhaven College, is a 36 credit hour graduate program, designed to enhance the professional skills of business managers and executives. The program caters to adult professionals who seek to develop and increase their management and leadership roles in business, education, church, and other areas of their professional lives.
Intended to grow the individual's comprehension of internal and external social, legal, political, and economic forces as they affect the decision-making process within an organization, the program has been structured to serve both holders of baccalaureate degrees in business as well as other disciplines. Classes are offered one night per week. Students are required to participate in Project Team, which enhance the learning process and the development of problem-solving skills.
Objectives of the Master of Science in Leadership Program
The following are Executive Development Learning Objectives of the M.S.L. program:
- Practice servant leadership using Christ as the model in serving people and society.
- Provide leadership, vision, and strategic planning in a variety of organizations and environments.
- Prepare to lead others in environments increasingly characterized by change and complexity.
- Master principles of human behavior and motivation to maximize use of human resources.
- Master key functional area skills in marketing, entrepreneurship, accounting, finance, and economics.
- Appreciate the trend to a global world and the need to continually update leadership principles and techniques.
- Complete a significant hands-on project in a live organization and integrate the knowledge and skills from all courses taken.
- Develop organizational-wide skills in structure, coordination, policy, and design of subunits.
- Master methods of organization change and development.
- Develop the ability to utilize the most recent tools and concepts emerging in management and leadership.
- Interact with executive level leaders from the community to identify current challenges and optional strategies to address them.
|Master of Science in Leadership Courses|
|MSL 601||Introduction to Graduate Study||3|
|MBA 624||Ethical Problems in Business||3|
|MSL 630||Leading High Performance Teams||3|
|MBA 640||Organizational Behavior||3|
|MSL 643||Finance, Accounting and Budgeting for Leaders||3|
|MBA 646||The Legal Environment of Business||3|
|MSL 650 or
|Advanced Strategic Management
|MSL 658||Principles of Executive Leadership||3|
|MSL 660||Current Issues in Human Resources||3|
|MSL 665||Coaching, Mentoring and Resolving Conflict||3|
|MSL 668||Leadership in Organization Change||3|
|MSL 670||Capstone Seminar in Organizational Leadership||3|
This concentration is only available online.
|Course #||Course Name||Credits|
|MSL661||HR Employee Relations||3|
|MSL662||HR Compensation and Benefits||3|
As you apply for admission to Belhaven University, you can use this checklist to assist you in the process. Each item required is necessary to apply, be accepted and register at the college. If you have any questions about admission, contact email@example.com or 407-804-1424.
1. COMPLETE the APPLICATION for Admission
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally-accredited college or university.
2. TRANSFERRING CREDITS - Transferability of Credit Notice.
- Download and complete the Transcript Request form from each college previously attended. We will submit that to all colleges/universities you have attended and pay for the transcript request fee for you.
- Submit an official transcript from your undergraduate degree granting institution and official transcripts from institutions where you have completed graduate coursework. Up to 6 hours of accredited graduate work may be transferred if a B or better has been earned in each course. A 2.5 cumulative GPA or a 2.5 GPA in the last 60 hours from undergraduate work is required for admission or 9 hours of graduate work with a B in each course.
- A veteran who wishes to be assessed for military credit or who will use veteran benefits must submit a copy of Form DD214 and/or DD295 to Belhaven University.
3. PROVIDE DOCUMENTATION
- A professional resume which demonstrates a minimum of 2 years of significant full-time work experience.
- Two completed recommendation forms (one being from a current or former supervisor) if requested.
4. SUBMIT TEST SCORES (For International Students Only)
- Proficiency in the English language as demonstrated by at least two years of successful academic work at the college or university level in the United States or by a minimum score of 550 paper-based or 79 internet-based on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
Belhaven University does not discriminate in the administration of its education policies, applications for admission, scholarship and loan programs, or athletic and extracurricular programs. The rights, privileges, programs and activities at Belhaven University are made available to all students who are enrolled regardless of sex, religion, color, national origin, handicap or age.